Warm and spicy cider based wassail with citrus, cranberry and pineapple.
- 1/2 gallon Apple Cider Organic, Fresh Pressed is best
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Cranberry-Pineapple Juice or 1/2 cup of each
- 1 cup Cranberries Fresh or Frozen Whole
- 1 each Orange, sliced in rings seeds removed
- 1 each Red Apple, sliced in rings seeds removed
- 1 each Lemon, sliced in rings seeds removed
- 3 tbsp Mulling spices use your favorite blend, or see recipe notes
Wash all fruits thoroughly, slice and seed.
Combine all juices and fruits in a 6 quart stock pot.
Place mulling spices in a large tea ball or wrap in cheese cloth tied with a string.
Add mulling spices to stock pot with fruits and juices.
Over medium heat, bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
Allow wassail to simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Serve piping hot in mugs or Irish Coffee glasses. Garnish with cinnamon stick and additional fruit if desired.
If you do not have a favorite mulling spice, you can replace the mulling spices 3-4 cinnamon sticks, a teaspoon of whole cloves, a 1/2 teaspoon of allspice and a slice of fresh ginger.
Use of a tea ball or cheese cloth is optional. Spices can be added directly to the juices if these are not on hand.
Recipe can easily be doubled for larger gatherings, use an 8 quart stock pot if doubling the recipe.
Leftover Wassail can be strained of fruits and spices and stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator for several days. Reheat individual servings as desired.