Lettuce sandwich wraps can be substituted for traditional wraps. In this recipe, parchment paper is used to keep the lettuce wrap held together vs. a traditional bread or grain based wrap.
Broad Leaf Lettuce or Greens (collard greens, dinosaur kale)
Carrots, julienne cut
Red Bell Pepper,julienne cut
Cucumber, julienne cut
Cilantro Sprigs to taste
Asian Pork Tenderloin, thin sliced https://betwixtandcuisine.com/2019/04/27/asian-pork-tenderloin/
Rice Wine Vinegar (optional)
Thai Style Almond Butter Sauce https://betwixtandcuisine.com/2019/04/27/thai-style-almond-butter-sauce/
- Place large sheet (15 X 18 or so) on a work surface.
- Layout leafy lettuce in a 10 inch circle. This will be the outside of the wrap.
- Layer carrots, cucumber and red pepper julienne strips in the center of the lettuce in a thin column.
- Add cilantro sprigs to layered vegetables.
- Top with sliced pork.
- If desired, sprinkle with rice vinegar to taste.
- Wrap lettuce around the filling in the same manner as wrapping a burrito, placing the “seam” side down.
- Wrap the entire lettuce wrap tightly in parchment paper, and secure with tape.
- Serve with Thai Style Almond Butter Sauce for dipping.