This dish is one of the rewards of patiently slow cooking a traditional corned beef dinner. I deliberately cook twice as much corned beef as necessary for Rueben sandwiches and a great hash. Corned beef hash doubles as both a breakfast food and casual evening meal on a busy work night. It reheats well for lunch too!
1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
1/2 Medium Onion, Diced
3 Scallions,sliced thin
2 Cups boiled red potatoes, skin-on, cubed (I use the
leftover potatoes from the corned beef dinner made before)
2 Cups cooked corned beef, cubed
2 Tablespoons minced Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and cook until translucent and beginning to brown.
- Add cubed potatoes and corned beef. Continue cooking until the potatoes and corned beef begin to brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Add sliced scallions and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in minced parsley.
Notes: Great on it’s own or topped with a poached or over-easy egg.